- On May 28, 2020
JOB ROLE: FINANCE MANAGER
LOCATION: SALAGA, SAVANNA REGION
REPORTING TO: DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
FUNCTIONAL: PROGRAM MANAGER
The Finance Manager will be responsible for all aspects of project administrative and financial management. The person will establish and maintain sound financial management practices, and ensure the project’s compliance with Donor and SEND GHANA’s procedures, rules and regulations.
- Coordinate all finance and operational aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, procurement, accounting, and logistics.
- Develop and maintain sound and transparent accounting and financial management control systems for financial and operations aspects of project.
- Advise Program Manager, Finance Director and HR/Admin Manager regularly on project financial and administrative related matters;
- Manages project annual budgeting process and provides budget support and training for project staff.
- Liaise with program team to develop monthly project workplan budgets, monitor variances and review adherence to such budgets.
- Monitor cash flow, and ensure that sufficient funds are always available in the bank for project activities.
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to project local partners on financial compliance and reporting.
- Produce monthly project financial reports and management accounts and submit same to the Director of Finance and Donor.
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliation statements are prepared and filed.
- Ensure compliance with SEND GHANA’s policies, donor rules and regulation, project award requirements, and the laws of the Republic of Ghana.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial documents.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and any other reports as required by donor.
- Manage project procurement processes.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by the Director of Finance.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting from a reputable university, Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration will be added advantage.
- Professional qualifications; CA (Level 2) or ACCA (Skills Level)
- 3 years or more experience in managing organisational accounts. Experience from NGO sector or related field will be added advantage.
- Experience in managing donor funds and ensuring compliance with donor requirements.
- Ability to present, discuss and supervise compliance with grants monitoring protocols with team members of varying levels
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective project files for accountability and audit purposes
- Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with computerized accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should submit CV through email: email@example.com
The subject of the email should be “Vacancy – Finance Manager”
SEND GHANA is an equal opportunity employer and women are particularly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline for submission: Monday, 8th June, 2020